Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Yeah Yeah, I Know

It's been DAYS since I blogged!

Actually, it's been days since I published. What you can't see is the small list of partially written nonsense that hasn't made the cut. I either

A. Became distracted with the myriad of activity that we call "life" here at house. I know, weird huh? You'd think a house with five kids in eight years would be the epitome of tranquility...

B. I didn't like what I was writing. Either it doesn't feel right, I got off track, or it's something I'm having second thoughts on the subject matter. Believe it or not, I actually hold back on personal information. My close friends can stop laughing now.

Speaking of personal matters. I have a slight update on my oldest and her appointment with the psychologist. This appointment is the stepping stone for ADD testing. You may or may not recall that my daughter has struggled with school for years, was on an IEP (Individual Education Plan), then wasn't on one and finally is on one again after two painful years of middle school.

This appointment was really just to get to know Jane, her home and I suspect her relationship with me and her dad. So there was a bunch of questions asking about personal life. Her feelings. Any struggles with depression. Relationship with her siblings. Stuff like that.

My oldest seemed determined to show off her teenage skills with the monotone, one syllable answers.

"Nooo"

"Yeah"

"What?"

"mOoom" (oh yes, my answers warranted an extended vowel in "mom" on her response)

The highlight was, while asked if she'd ever smoked or drank, her "horror at the very thought"

"Noooooooo!"

Thank you for that honey, that's just what your mom wants to hear!!!

She'll go back for more testing. She has to have a three hour appointment and then a one hour appointment followed by a meeting with all of us to discuss the results. Oh and then there's the physical.

The one she should have had originally, and the psychologist's office requires, but I didn't know. So we have to go back and do the physical. A little frustrating because I couldn't talk to the psychologist's office before getting the referral or I would have done the physical and referral at the same time. So back and forth we go!

Ahhh, red tape.

No comments:

Post a Comment