So today I was browsing through the blogger blogs, and I must say it was interesting. There were several types of bloggers. Variety ranged from the advocate, all the way from political to breastfeeding, to the advertisement (hey, look at my business), to the hobby and finally to the family.
Even the family blogs had a large variety. I noticed lots of short sentenced, describing pictures types of blogs and some very rambley sort of of stream of thought type blogs. There's simply something for everyone.
Just so there's no mistake by anyone reading my personal jibberish, I do have some extremely strong opinions although I will seldom share because I am a peacemaker by nature. I don't like confrontation. If you say something completely moronic, I will call you on it. Oh an example would be my brother telling me (his twin girls were two months old and I was going to babysit them with my mom, my daughter was five months) that his babies needed Japanese milk, when I offered to nurse them. You see, his wife is Japanese. I flat out told him, that was the stupidest thing I'd heard in a long time. Stupid enough to repeat for prosperity, obviously.
I'm enough of a jerk, that I nursed one of his girls just to spite him. Please note, this was okay with their mom, we already had a long discussion on nursing other peoples babes.
Back on track, even though I do have opinions, this isn't the place I'll chose to share them. Sometimes I'll feel inspired to share some insight or experience that's a bit more spiritual in nature. Sometimes I might even hint at something political, but my true purpose remains to chronicle my family.
I've tried to stay true to that purpose although I've found it impossible to write everything I would like to write. I am the mother of five very active children.
The temptation to use my blog as a platform is definitely there and I've certainly started my share of soapbox posts over the past few years. Most get deleted although I often feel better for just writing everything out.
Sometimes I suspect, my time spent writing is just an excuse to rock out to Pandora, I've got "Creed" playing right now.
Writing has been my therapy, especially when dealing with personal ordeals that I can't talk about in real life. Starting with out of context feelings and thoughts inevitably brings my perspective back to my family and how blessed our life is. We are blessed.
Speaking of blessings, for those that asked, Kent is loving his new job. His stress is at an all time low. He is more comfortable with what he needs to do. He's having fun. It's been ages since he's had fun at work. I love when he's home, he's 100% ours.
As a business owner, phone calls came at all odd times. Phone calls from everyone. Spending time with him focused on us is simply a God send. Another blessing, one we didn't even know we were missing.
We still don't know what the long term will be on this job but I'm pretty sure as I speculate, my mussings will be blogged.
Probably while listening to "Saving Jane". Cause that's how I roll, uh, I mean write. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment