Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Got a call this AM

From the doctors office. They had a cancellation and wanted to know if I wanted to hurry things up with Jane and bring her right in.

I found it rather funny that they main reason I couldn't bring Jane in wasn't the lack of transportation. The minivan is being worked on and since our movie day was moved to Thursday, I opted to let Kent take the car, ride our bikes to the park and not drive Kent in this morning. So the 'burb, is sitting in front of the loan company right now.

The real hindrance? The girl being out of state this week of course trumps everything else. I also found it funny that since Jane's on medicaid and there was a big shpeel given while making the appointment on how medicaid has to approve the testing before they do it, that they even called.

I really have my doubts it's been approved yet.

Since her testing will be done before August and before school starts, I'm not worried about getting her in quicker. Life or death this is not.

I'm wondering if I should see if Kate can talk to someone. I have no concerns about ADD or ADHD with Kate but yesterday we had a real tough emotional time. Kate said some very hurtful things that can't be brushed off. I had to go head on and find out exactly what she was thinking.

No small feat. This child is a closed and locked book most days. It's like pulling teeth to get the minimal amount of information out of her.

I still need to talk to Kent about it but we've been going so many directions, I haven't had the chance.

*sigh*

Parenting can be so joyous, so humorous and it can suck the life out of you ten minutes later. Thankfully God's provided parents with rechargeable batteries. I don't think I'd make it otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment