For reasons that I cannot comprehend, Kate and Ean are a bit obsessed with being FIRST in the lunch line. As in, they'd rather go a half hour early and WAIT then go five minutes after serving starts and not wait at all.
So Kate and her friend Boo left a whole half hour before lunch was even served. Ean followed on his bike. The only reason Jane didn't join was because Jane was mowing my mom's yard. Good project for her.
Basically they're getting lunch at the same time, but something about being first seems extra special. It's a goal I cannot understand since logically to me, if I had to wait anyway, I'd rather wait at home then stand in line, at the park, on a hot summer day.
However I am a few years *cough*decades*cough* older then my children.
Speaking of being older, today I informed Jane she was doing yoga with me. You'd think I'd told the teenager we were feasting on "eye of newt" for dinner, so distasteful was her look. Oh she tried to tell me that she didn't need to exercise, she already does.
I told her to bad, this would be good for her. Well, tough kid, 30 seconds into any pose and the complaints ran RAPID.
"My back hurts!"
"This kills my wrists!"
"I hope no one from school can see me, how embarrassing!!!!"
As if I needed more confirmation that we do have a teenager in the house! I made her work out with me anyway and we'll keep doing saying, even with the complaints. In case any yoga people read this, she didn't do anything that would cause her great pain, she just wanted to let me know that she had other plans.
Like wait for the phone to ring and hope it was her best friend on the line.
Other news for the day, mom took Ean to the only bookstore in town, that is unfortunately closing. However this means SALES! I have to go next week and snag a copy of the final book in the "Twilight series" for Jane, I want to make sure I get one of those. Right now everything is 25% off. So I figure, I get that book and then I wait until it reaches 50% off or so, and shop whatever is left for anything that looks good for future gifts.
We do have that annoying "three birthdays within a week of Christmas" thing at our house.
So those were the highlights of the day.
No comments:
Post a Comment