Forget smooth jazz and all the other incarnations of this particular genre. Think early jazz, think Louis Armstrong, think Billie Holiday, think of strong brass and even stronger voices.
Jane was just begging me for some Michael Jackson, she's so tired of listening to "my" music. So I cut the deck and promptly created a new radio station on "Pandora". One devoted to music that her grandfather loved.
So yes, being in my forties, this is most definitely before my time but I heard an awful lot of it growing up. Maybe it's time to torture, er, share this with my children. I need to play classical too.
To be perfectly clear, at times, I find jazz, classical and other other genres enjoyable but it's not really me. Mostly I listen when I'm feeling nostalgic. Or possible mischievous. Today it's a little of both.
The boys went camping last night and with Kate at a friends, I'm feeling a little put out that my oldest didn't even want to try to spend time together. With just her and me, you'd think she'd maybe even try? Oh no, she was completely in her own world.
So I read her new book "Breaking Dawn" and well hoped the boys had better bonding. With you know, that manly stuff that is fire and dirt. I do believe worms and fishing poles may also be involved. So lots of manly bonding there.
Although I may have struck a small conquest this am. Apparently torturing Jane (I did switch the jazz to classical for a change) and eating breakfast together was a great opportunity to discuss how much her grandpa would hate all her music.
But hey, we finally talked.
No comments:
Post a Comment