We really work on keeping the Sabbath holy. We don't shop on Sunday, we try to keep our activities focused on spiritual matters. We allow religious tv. We allow service, we visit and do things for Kent's grandmother, my mom, other family members. Music has to be approved by Kent or myself. We go to church.
We try to live the spirit of the law and not just the letter of the law.
This Sunday morning started out extremely strange. I woke up at nine and no one except Kent was up. We have little boys that get up extremely early yet they were all asleep.
Odd.
So I went to wake the girls and have them get dressed. I also got dressed since I was suppose to be conducting music in Relief Society. I figured if the boys were asleep, they were asleep for a reason. There was movement when I was ready to go out the door but overall, not much.
Jane came up with snow boots, she couldn't find her shoes. Uh no, there's no way we're letting you wear snow boots. She went and found her shoes.
At this point, it's five minutes before church and we were just barely going to make it. Ean moved all the way from his bed to the couch in the front room. He still wasn't really moving.
Then I realized that Kate was having issues. I told her to take a shower, wash up and dropped Jane off. Came back home, walked in the door and Dave stood up, started down the hall, throwing up the whole way. Kent and I worked as a team and got everything cleaned up. Kate was dressed again, so I took Kate to church.
Missed everything except the last five minutes of Relief Society, conducted the closing him and checked with a wonderful lady named Ada if her daughters could bring mine home. They bring several vehicles so chances were pretty good they would have space. Ada assured me it wasn't a problem, double checked to make sure she knew which kids I was leaving behind and home I went.
Just in time for Ean to throw up in his room, right outside the door. He looked like he was going to again and I told him to run to the bathroom.
So, Sunday has consisted of running several children to church and cleaning a whole lot of laundry, carpet and the couch.
Yay?
The good news, the boys all seem to be doing better. Actually they're begging for more food but I'm leery with all the vomiting this am of letting them eat to much to fast regardless of how they feel.
Here's hoping next Sunday is more restful, more spiritual and less, well, less everything today was. Blech!
No comments:
Post a Comment