We had planned on leaving around 9:00 AM, so of course, hitting the road promptly at 10:30 was no big surprise. Really we tried however, pulling together everything, including children slowed us down. Throw in a child determined to buy worms because we might possibly fish, and we were really slowed down.
Unfortunately he didn't get to fish either.
You see we went to the first campground. There are only a couple of decent spots and the rest is pretty desolate. However there's fishing and Kent was hoping for a good spot. Marja however is a bit more particular about where to camp and fishing or not, wanted a better campground. Kent, properly trained, yielded to the opinions voiced by the women in the group (Marja and my mom) and off we went to try the other spot.
The tricky part, the campground we were headed to only had three fire pits and two other spots on top of that. So really only 4-6 parties can fit and anymore and it's rather crowded. Kent was just sure the spot he wanted was taken and it was another hour until we got there.
I was riding with Kent and we spent that last hour driving with me reading President Monson's biography to him. It was an extremely pleasant way to pass the time although I did spend the whole weekend talking awfully horse.
Imagine out surprise when we discovered an empty campground?! The whole place to ourselves. The spot Kent was hoping for, although obviously open, it wasn't picked. You see, that incredibly wet spring we had down South? They also had it up North too. Even though it was the second week in July, the stream was extremely high.
There was also a lot of down trees in the stream. This is how the kids spent a lot of time entertaining themselves.
The Creek.

That's Jane, Maryah and Kate.
Maryah never misses a photo op, while Kate is just plowing foward.

Dave.

Greg was so cold, at one point he went to his daddy in the middle of the stream and asked if "I I I, C C Could, H H H H H Have, A a a a, H Hug D D Daddy?"

Oh yeah, Kent was in the water.

So lots of stream play.
We also went to a hot springs to rinse the camp off our last night. Nice! On our way home we ended up having a picnic lunch at these really old kilns off in the middle of nowhere. No pictures of the kilns but there was a water pump and here's what happens when boys that weigh less then 40 pounds each tried to pump it.



I'm sure I'll come up with more tidbits later. Like Marja's youngest yelling "I'm GOING TO DIE TODAY!!!" While his mom was driving up the side of a mountain but for now, there's some pictures and a bit more on our three day camp out.
No comments:
Post a Comment