Oh yes she did!
Jane that is. Okay, so my oldest has been granted the privilege of having her own facebook account. There's a few strings. She can only be friends with people pre-approved by me. I'd say her dad too, but he's really out of the loop sometimes, so the responsibility has been mostly mine.
So far she has family, aunts, uncles, cousins, family friends and a few friends her age.
There's a girl down the street from us. Oh we have a long history together. Starting from the time she was in my house and asked me if I ever bothered to clean. Yeah. That went over well.
This last year we had a problem with her bullying Ean on the way home. She's got issues and as far as "facebook friend potential" I told Jane it was a no go and I explained why.
So this morning I pop on the internet while eating my breakfast. I hear a chat beep and check Jane's window. See part of her getting to be on facebook includes me having full access, so checking on her chats, totally acceptable. She was actually chatting with my brother in Japan but there was another window open, to the girl whose friendship I had vetoed the night before.
Included in the conversation was a question on whether she had done the bullying to our middle child.
Oh she was so busted.
We had a complete Jane moment when she said that hadn't friended her, this other girl had sent the friends request. I of course pointed out that she ACCEPTED and that it doesn't matter who sent it. She was grounded from the computer today and I let her know that I was sending the girl in question a note letting her know that Jane's only allowed to have a couple of friends on facebook so I was deleting her.
Yes I totally took the blame.
I also cleaned up Jane's list, taking out a few local DJ's and making sure I knew who everyone was. The moral, if you want to be friends with Jane, it has to be cleared with me first!
We also had the great drawer practical joke this am.
We're trying to get ready for church and Kent let Ean know he needed to move his dresser drawers out of the front room and back into his room. WELL, after moving them, Ean was missing two entire dresser drawers. For the record, he was rearranging his furniture yesterday, that's why they were taken out.
But back to the point, HOW does a kid lose whole dresser drawers??????
Kent was really getting frustrated and Ean was on one heck of a hot spot and he was about to get into heaps more trouble then he's been in for a long time when a little voice across the room said that she knew where the drawers were.
Kate was talking but apparently it was Jane's idea to play this trick on Ean. Please note the child responsible for starting this was NOT the child confessing.
So the drawers were hauled back up and our peaceful Sunday morning before church was completely ruined.
Thank you teenage girls!
No comments:
Post a Comment