Thursday, June 30, 2011

Today's Antics

I'm really in no mood to blog right now. Kent's working odd hours and for the third night in a row, we're not seeing him until after eight. To be fair, it was probably 7:30 on Tuesday. So me and the kids, all four tonight, we're pretty sick of each other.

Who knew dad was such a buffer.

Some highlights of the day. I wrote that blog about the school lunch program, really railing over those parents that break the rules, right? Today I took that post, edited it profusely and emailed it into the local paper as a "letter to the editor"

How old fashion is that, I don't have to find a stamp and it's still called a letter.

With that accomplishment this morning, and with no idea if they even want my opinion, we went to the park, biking thank you very much and at one point, I realized Greg was missing. He was up getting a milk because he forgot his. Well guess what, that's against the rules!!! And *ducking* I told him next time he couldn't do that but I let him get away with it this time because I couldn't handle a meltdown.

I think I'm just going to bring some change to the park in case anyone forgets anything again. I know rules and I know the struggle that is language delay kids. It's hard enough with Ean and Kate and the fighting, I don't need a Greg meltdown as well.

The irony, I got an email back from the editor and he's publishing my letter.

So that's my big confession of the night. Bust my chops. I deserve it.

Speaking of busting chops. Kate apologized to Ean for something she felt bad about. You have to understand that for Kate this is a huge and I mean huge accomplishment. I was quite proud of her to take the effort to see outside herself and to honestly look at how her actions may have affected someone else.

So much for the heartfelt apology. Ean didn't even hear her words, all he heard was a grammar mistake and busted her on it.

I felt so bad for Kate and got after Ean. As much as we promote the correct use of the English language in this house, for someone as sensitive as Kate to take such a huge step and to have it all squashed with the ugly pointing out of a little mistake, she was really hurt.

I made a big point of letting her know that "I" noticed what she did, even if it went right over her brother's head.

My mom survived having a have five year old spend the night, two nights in a row. However she announced at the park that I can have my kids back, she's taking a break. Both boys stayed up until midnight although David was much nicer then Greg, at his sleep over he let my mom sleep in until 8:30. Greg had woken his Mormor up two hours earlier the previous morning.

I made a point to make a little me time. It was fabulous. I biked the long long way home from the park and loved it. It was the perfect day, warm, with a cool breeze. We didn't even turn the air conditioning on the entire day, it was so pleasant. Throw in some personal study time later that afternoon, I felt down right relaxed after a while

That ended when Kate had to bring me proof, in the form of recording her brothers committing the crime that is "get into everything they can in the garage". What happened to communicating verbally? So that ended my me time.

Going all out with cup of noodles for dinner for the kids, all in all, not a bad day.

No comments:

Post a Comment