So this was Kate this morning. For at least thirty solid minutes she was trying to wear me down.
The plan, since it was a nice day, not to hot, not to cold, not a raincloud in sight, was to ride our bikes to the park. The park isn't far, it's within easy walking distance and makes for a pleasant little bike ride when the weather is cooperating.
I was looking forward to the ride, even with the bike trailer and the extra seventy plus pounds of red headed goodness in the back seat. Lunch starts at Eleven thirty, with us leaving just after eleven most days. Kate started about a half hour before we were suppose to leave, right after I asked her to get bikes out.
First it was just an inquiry, "Mom, are we riding in the truck today?" She asked this a couple of times, which was annoying enough when I knew she heard me answer each and every time that no, we were riding bikes.
So she took a different approach and told me she thought we should take the truck. I asked her why and she went into this long shpeel on how "We've only driven to the park ONCE, this week and we really really SHOULD drive one more time."
Uh huh. This was going no where fast.
After enduring this for far longer then my patience ran, she finally told me "But mom, if grandma comes to the park, if I have my bike, I can't go home with her and visit."
Finally! An honest answer!!!
Much to her dismay, we still road our bikes to the park and grandma didn't even come that day. Don't feel to bad for the girl, she's spending the night with her best friend. I think she'll be just fine.
No comments:
Post a Comment