In the month of June I've officially written more posts then the entire year of 2010. This means I either really slacked off last year or possibly I just have a lot to say this month. Well, a little of both really, add in the fact that I recently left an internet board I was quite involved with, that leaves me a whole lot more free time and I find myself writing more. A whole lot more.
At this rate I'll write more by the end of the year then all blog posts from 2008 on, combined!
The only one with any room to complain would be Kent, since he's the one copying this nonsense for our family history. Since I believe the man loves this writing frenzy, then it's all good. As long as I don't embarrass him.
I haven't posted the already written tidbit about him wearing sneakers with slacks and his dress shirt yet, have I? You'll get to read about that probably next week. I'm sure you can't wait.
In the meantime, I'll insert a little comparison on how differently Kent and I think. I should make this little read worth while after all.
You see several years ago Kent and I blew a bunch of money on fireworks and I mean an insane amount, much more then we ever would have if we'd been keeping track. That's what happens when two adults buy willy nilly without communicating with each other, uh, every night for a week. It was not pretty. To clarify, the fireworks were very pretty, it was the budget that left a bad taste in our mouths.
So the rule since that splurge to end all splurges, we can spend $50.00 total on fireworks. That money is spent all at once. There is no going back after that initial purchase, because contrary to what my children may think, one more package of cracklin balls or smoke bombs will not bring them greater joy in their life. A painful lesson we've had to face ourselves. :)
I was telling my mom all about this and she promptly asked if she could add $25 to our spending fund. Well, heck yeah mom! So when I took the poor deprived boys (Ean and David) that didn't get a sleepover with anyone last night out for ice cream and bought fireworks, I promptly spent our allotted $50, plus what mom was throwing in. Then I told Kent that night.
Oh dear.
He still looked pained when I told him what my mom was contributing because immediately in his ever frugal brain he's thinking, if I'd spent our usual $50, we'd only be out of pocket $25, while I'm thinking, WHOOO HOOOO!! We're going to have some awesome firework fun this year!!!
I'm pretty sure the kids will side with me on this one.
No comments:
Post a Comment