Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The Most Amazing Experience Today

This needs a little background so everyone can understand truly how miraculous this was. Lets start with a mere thousand square feet on the main floor of our home. Most days this is where the action is. There is no privacy. Children are everywhere.

Since we're stepping on each other's toes every other minute, there's usually minor disagreements to full time meltdowns in multiple portions of the house. When this is not the case, there is tomfoolery in someone's bedroom, usually a group effort and the destruction of something someone else in the house values is imminent.

Not all days are bad but the clock is forever ticking closer to the next argument, disaster, tween and/or teen hormonal meltdown and when the buzzer rings, the peace of five minutes before is usually not found again for at least an hour.

As stated previously, Jane is gone this week to girls camp, so no teen hormones, no thirteen year old to hype up her brothers when we're trying to calm them down, no non-stop bickering with Kate. Oh yeah, Kate, well she decided she wanted to spend the night at grandmas. I was given permission by my wonderful husband to let grandma handle all such requests so I dialed, handed the phone over to Kate and let her talk.

Kate scored a sleepover.

Well, two down.

Then Greg was extremely disappointed he didn't get to go to my mom's when Ean spent the night last week. When I say "disappointed" I mean, uncontrollable sobbing for over an hour. So my mom is letting him have a sleepover. He is over the moon happy with alone time with Mormor. David gets his turn tomorrow night. :)

We actually asked Greg what he wanted and he requested he go alone. I think deep in his heart is an intense desire to be an only child. He doesn't always appreciate having a sibling joined at his hip.

That left David and Ean with me. Despite a rough lunch at the park that included a huge meltdown with screaming and kicking the ground, I was determined me and the boys would have a good afternoon.

At one point David went to play with the neighbor boy and they did quite well for some time. Ean begged for computer time, so I let him on my computer, talk about giddy delight!

No one needed me. No one was calling for me. There was no bickering in the background. No tears. No sounds of any impending disasters.

Well HOT DOG, Me time!

I pulled out my scriptures and not only read a few chapters from John in the New Testament but had a chance to ponder, think and reread. Unheard of in the middle of the day! I'm also reading the autobiography of President Monson right now and although I didn't take time today to read that, I did read a bit of "Nibley's The Prophetic Book Of Mormon". The man is amazing with his spiritual insight.

Really today was a miracle for me. I don't get time for that kind of spiritual contemplation often. Maybe tomorrow I'll be blessed with another quiet moment to pour myself into some more spiritual readings.

I hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment