Still no word on Kent and how his overnight camping went with the three red headed boys. I assume they're fishing right now. They'll come home when they're hungry and out of food, I'm sure. So I figured I'd chronicle our girls night. I know the girls will want to remember this.
My mom being the sweetheart she is took us out to dinner. Well actually, we said, how about dinner and she treated us. We had fun at sizzler, Kate had chicken strips with fries, Jane had a burger and mom and I enjoyed some delicious fair from the salad bar. I also had a third of Jane's burger, she pronounced herself full after less then half of it.
We had a blast just spending time together and talking. Jane's not always the most talkative girl (unless it's transformers or some other obsession) but even Jane opened up and joined the conversation.
We then went to Walmart and traveled up and down the hair dye isle. Jane decided she really wanted high lights, so we bought a high light kit, I bought some medium auburn for myself, really it's like my own hair on steroids and for Kate we bought pink dye. Mom opted to go home and skip the hair dyeing session. Wimp. :)
So while watching tangled, which Jane and I hadn't seen and Kate's only watched twice (snicker), we did hair. Well I did hair. I put highlights in Jane's hair, and after hers was done, did Kate's hair which was sorely lacking in directions. The most I had to go by was the sentence "for a more natural looking color, apply to unbleached hair..." Well of course we wanted more natural (as if pink is natural) and we did not want a shocking, in your face color. I failed to take into account that Kate is a natural pale blond, and the dye actually adhered to her hair as if it was bleached.
Now Marja has put this pink in Kate's hair before but I had no idea the time frame she had it in, searching my memory this morning, I'm thinking possibly five minutes. I'm thinking I had it in for far longer. So Kate's hair has some shocking pink in it! It's fabulous and it will wash out but I won't make her wash her hair until Monday so she can have the full effect for a few days.
Kate's dad is extremely conservative with hair. Good thing it will wash out, uh, eventually. :)
Our girls weekend ended with all of us sleeping in, except Jane who gets up insanely early on Saturday, but Kate and I had our priorities straight. Then I made french toast with some yummy sausage and we sat together at the table discussing "real" maple syrup vs fake "maple" flavored syrup. I'm pretty most people know where this Vermont born lady stands, now to just teach my Idaho born children, lol.
So when I know, I'll update on the guys but no matter what happened with them, I can guarantee we girls enjoyed our weekend together!
No comments:
Post a Comment