Saturday, June 25, 2011

Another "Save for Later" Post

As of June 24, Kent started work at his new job. The cell store will remain open for limited hours with Kent's sister working it until everything can get finished up there. Until that happens, I won't be able to post this.

Kent's new job requires a pretty big step up in wardrobe. Kent loves his comfort so working a job with high dress standards, quite a change for him. A tie is required every day except Friday. I suspect he'll live for tie-less Fridays, lol. Nice slacks, dress shirt and of course shoes to fit the whole ensemble.

Now, my dear wonderfully frugal husband was hoping he get away with his exercise shoes until he could afford something better. I told him that wasn't going to work but would he listen to his wife? Oh no, he stubbornly said that he'd see what would happen his first day. I let the matter drop because I'm not a nag and he is a grown man capable of making his own decisions.

Took only two hours in before he was called on his shoes.

I'm taking the high road and refraining from saying "I told you so" but the road isn't so high I haven't thought it. I'll work on that. :)

Kent says that what he needs to absorb is incredibly complex and it left his head swimming. This is a real switch for him, since he's been the "know all, go to guy" for so long in cellular. So to be in a whole new situation with no clue what to do, the guy being trained instead of the trainer, is really a change. Apparently there's no less then three different systems to sign into just to take a payment. All with different codes and procedures of course.

Apparently the new boss trusts Kent, who's received a key to the office on his first day! Kent says as the "boss, owner" he's never given new employees keys until a few weeks in and that's only if they've impressed the heck out of him. Kent was also left alone his first morning with instructions to "take messages" if the phone rang. His boss was a little desperate when he found out his teenagers were stranded and no one was answering his home phone.

He's working today, on Saturday. They're open the last Saturday of every month which really isn't to bad. Today he learns, collection calls. The thing he's looked forward to the least.

I really think my husband will do well, once he gets over the information hump. I will make sure he has clean nice dress shirts for work. And that he doesn't go out the door with inappropriate footwear although he's probably learned his lesson there.

No comments:

Post a Comment