Before anyone points out that it's crazy insane because I'm posting at midnight, let me explain that her stuff was PACKED at seven this evening. She actually leaves at seven tomorrow morning. Kent gets the job of getting her up at six am.
If she treats this like the first day of school, we're set. Otherwise, this won't be pretty.
Much to her dismay, I went over her list no less then three times on the essentials. You need to keep in mind that her idea of essentials and MY idea are two completely different things. As in, she has no bake cookies to share, why should she worry about a hair brush?????
Overall I think she did pretty well packing although I insisted she bring the inner shell of her winter coat. In this annoying teenage tone she turned to me asking "WHY?"
Darling because I care and the weather can turn in a heartbeat. Now go get the darn coat! Kent has her bringing a pretty warm sleeping bag so she should be set. I bought her new socks, only because I'd have to sacrifice "my" socks otherwise for the child and that won't do at all. I did threaten her with death if she brought them home packed in mud like last time.
Her dad, ever logical pointed out that if she followed the camp rules that she had signed, signifying that she's read and agrees to follow them, she better be wearing her *input dramatic pause by Kent* and Jane obediently interjects "shoes" in that teenage tone of hers.
She's bringing her dad's cowboy hat (yes, Kent has a cowboy hat) with more threats of death if it's not taken care of, for a skit. It's something about health and cowboys. No, I don't stay up at night wondering, I just say "Okay honey" as Jane fills in the bits of pieces. I just didn't have the time to get the whole story from Jane (which takes HOURS), I'll do that when she comes home.
It should be a good week for her.
In other news, for the sake of privacy, I'll refrain from naming the child but we're having issues involving personal hygiene. Not a favorite topic of mine but one that apparently I'm going to have to address multiple times this week because "the child" is cheerfully letting my words flow in one ear and out the other.
Please note any comments with guesses on the "the child" will be deleted. I was serious about privacy.
Who says motherhood is boring?
Hopefully we can resolve this quickly. At least Jane won't be home to tease. Although when not talking to "the child" I do intend to be down in Jane's room throwing oodles of treasures away.
Don't worry, her dad told her, everything on the floor goes. So she's been warned!
No comments:
Post a Comment