Monday, June 6, 2011

Three days

Do you know what can happen in three days? Okay, unfair question, pretty much anything can happen in three days. Life changing events can happen in far less time. World changing events for that matter.

Or, my children could just elect me warden in that time.

See, three days is exactly the time it took after the last day of school before Kent put a padlock on the pantry door.

Last day of school was Wednesday and by Saturday afternoon, Kent was installing the lock. This was with copious warnings. Dire predictions, all to no avail.

See I spent an extra hundred dollars at the grocery store on Thursday for kids afternoon snacks. Now that they're home, I felt the need to plan ahead. I looked for more nutritious snacks, did not buy pure garbage. Yogurt without dyes and additives, cheese sticks, more apples (I'm always buying apples, lol), Tons of peanut butter crackers, almonds, those kinds of snacks.

They kept getting into them, even with a specific time eating these things was allowed (We'd have snack between 3:00 and 4:00 on weekdays). The proverbial straw was breakfast Saturday morning. Kent made homemade corn beef hash. I had a huge bowl of fresh cantaloupe chunks. There was plenty of food. However when Kent was away from the table, he came back to the majority of the children eating the crackers instead of their breakfast, some even throwing food away so they could eat snacks!

Heck no kids!!!!!!!

So, now there's a padlock on the pantry door. It matches the padlock on the deep freeze, David had been helping himself to chocolate chips and at the rate they're going, the fridge is next.

That really isn't a problem, the fridge is outfitted for a padlock thanks to all the trouble we had with Ean a few years ago. Now to find the lock.

No comments:

Post a Comment