I realize it's been a long time and truthfully I've felt kind of down about life in general for various reasons. Sometimes, I just don't want to relive what I've just experienced by writing it down. But I made a goal a while back to be a record keeper, so my June resolution (lol!) is to do just that.
So today, I'm recording my klutz-y-ness. I might as well. I had two five year old witnesses that I'm fairly certain will remind me all summer long. Especially when I hook the bike trailer up to haul them places.
Let me start by saying today was the first day of Lunch at the park and the kids, love getting lunch at the park. It's a federal program providing lunches for children under 19. With my five, that's 25 meals a week. What a blessing!
They were so excited, they pestered me all morning. And I do mean ALL. MORNING. LONG. Finally it was time to go and I let Ean and the girls go ahead of me. I had the boys in the trailer and took off. Now firstly, the guys get really upset when I don't get my foot in my toe clip immediately. We are talking within the first revolution, not understanding I have to get that little thing called "momentum" going before I can put the darn toe clip on.
So I was already hearing that from the back..... "MOooooom, it's Up-SIDE-Down!!! Before you think it's to cute, let me remind you that I have two back there harping on me.
Secondly, my kickstand was off. I don't know what the deal was but my pedal was hitting the kickstand. I glanced down, saw it was up, checked my path, glanced again to make sure I was safe in motion, looked up and creamed myself into the neighbors parked truck.
Humiliating!
Now I did see the truck enough to slow down, so I didn't hit it full on. I managed to not fall over but jammed my wheel under the fender. Oy! It was really stuck. The neighbor spotted me (cause I wasn't embarrassed enough with my five year old twin witnesses), helped me get the wheel out, asked if I was okay and then it was time for me to check my bike out.
Amazingly enough, my tire was still round. My tire still had air. The verdict is still out whether or not I may have put a small hole in the tire, I'll check tomorrow for slow leaks.
So with no reason to stick around, I got on the bike and took off to the park.
Holy heck. The entire way, I heard two little voices back seat driving.
"MoMMMM, don't hit another parked truck." (wasn't planning on it Son)
"Oh no mom, don't hit a park car either!" (Also not in the plans)
"Look look look, there's a car turning on the road, don't hit it!"
You can see where this is going. The entire trip to the park and the entire trip home over an hour later, was filled with these beautiful gems from the bossiest back seat drivers on the planet. I may die.
My only hope is they are still young enough to forget these things so they can't tell stories at family reunions when I'm old and grey.
You waited all this time for them to talk and this is what you get! LOL!
ReplyDeleteServes me right eh?
ReplyDelete