My friend Marja did this on her blog so I decided to give it a shot. See how well you know me and uh, how desperate I get to fill in the list. Please note, there is no particular order, lol!
1. I was born and raised in Bennington Vermont.
2. I was born February 14.
3. I was an early talker.
4. My dad always said I never stopped talking.
5. I've only broken one bone, my clavicle when I was a toddler. Scott shoved me out the back door.
6. I remember lots of useless facts but can't remember doctors appointments.
7. I can sound authoritative on many subjects, even if I only know a few facts, a quality I learned from my dad.
8. I make up words when I talk.
9. I love sugar maples.
10. I use to climb the maple in our backyard to read books.
11. I've been pregnant 6 times, have had 2 losses and have given birth to 5 children.
12. I went on an exchange my senior year to Sweden.
13. I also served an LDS mission in Sweden.
14. I was teaching Swedish the semester I met Kent.
15. I met Kent in Pocatello on a blind date.
16. We were engaged on the third date, six weeks after we met.
17. I knew the moment I met Kent I could marry him.
18. My vision cannot be corrected in my left eye. It's permanently blurry.
19. Classical music makes me think of pipe smoke and red wine, because my dad always smoked his pipe (later in life, cigars) and drank red wine late at night while listening to classical music.
20. I love steamed clams.
21. I make incredible homemade baked bread.
22. I have hay fever.
23. My mp3 player has music from "The Fray", "Journey", "Chicago", "Kelly Clarkson", "David Cook", "Bon Jovi", " Fred Astaire", "Nat King Cole", "Aerosmith", "Barefoot Truth", "Casting Crowns", and multiple sessions of conference talks. It's quite an eclectic collection.
24. I've washed 3 mp3 players and the house phone at least twice in the washer.
25. I try to be kind.
26. I try to be honest, everywhere.
27. I feel like I make a good "acquaintance" but I don't think most people I know think of me as a close friend.
28. The female friend I've had the longest, I met at girls camp when I was 12.
29. From 19 weeks pregnant until the day before I had my c-section at 32 weeks, I didn't know if the twins would live or die.
30. I married my husband in the middle of December, 1994.
31. I dropped my maiden name when I got married.
32. My maiden name is Rush.
33. During my mission, the Swedes would ask after reading my name tag (Sister Rush), "Rusch? betyder det bråttom??" "Rush, doesn't that mean hurry?"
34. I made no attempt to correctly spell the Swedish above, I cheated and used a babelfish program.
35. Kent and I were married in the Idaho Falls Temple.
36. My paternal grandfather died 5 days before I was married.
37. Kent surprised me with the most beautiful bunch of roses the day after my grandfather died.
36. I was completely touched when my dad chose to come to my wedding, even though he couldn't come into the temple instead of staying with his mother. I know it was an extremely difficult time for him and I knew how much he loved me.
37. I hate hand sanitizer.
38. I drink herbal tea.
39. I give my children herbal remedies when they are sick.
40. When I can't breath because I'm sick or have allergies, I sleep on the couch.
41. I use to be an early riser.
42. Having children cured me of being an early riser.
43. I like naps.
44. I can bake some incredible Swedish pastries.
45. I never thought my mom would move near us.
46. I was wrong. :)
47. I spent three years at college trying to get into the Design program. I was never accepted.
48. When I grew up I wanted to illustrate children's books.
49. I taught myself how to quilt when Jane was a baby.
50. I learned how to crochet when I was 10.
51. We have two water color paintings in our front room that I painted.
52. Stockholm is the most beautiful city I've ever seen.
53. I've been through the crown of the Statue of Liberty. The windows are much smaller then they make them look in movies.
54. I grew up loving Alfred Hitchcock movies.
55. I also love Fred Astaire movies and the classics like "Arsenic and Old Lace".
56. I was 28 when I had Jane.
57. My hopes for being done having children by the age of 30 went out the window when I had Jane.
58. I've been to the top of the Washington monument. My grandfather, bless his wonderful heart waited hours with me, so I could have the experience.
59. I use to own a kite shaped like an old fashion airplane.
60. By own, I mean my dad let me watch while he built it and flew it at the park.
61. I use to swear a lot.
62. I've worked hard to clean up how I speak.
63. I try to see the good in everyone I meet.
64. When I can't find good myself, I pray for help in finding that good.
65. I took three years of French in high school.
66. I was terrible at French.
67. I never finished college. The semester I married Kent was the last semester I went to school.
68. I'm terrible at journal writing, that's why I blog.
69. I did some incredibly stupid things as a teenager.
70. I'm pretty sure my mom still doesn't know some of the things I did.
71. I pray my children are smarter then I was.
72. I don't like shrimp.
73. I sometimes order shrimp at restaurants just to give it to Kent.
74. I threw away Kent's pillow when we first got married. He was absolutely livid. The thing however was really gross and needed to be replaced.
75. I also, without any regrets, threw away a dead cockroach Kent had saved from his mission in a little film container.
76. I would do it again too.
77. I pray for my children daily.
78. I frequently wonder what I did to deserve such a beautiful family.
79. I frequently wonder how Kent puts up with me.
80. I nursed Jane past her fourth birthday.
81. I hated having to wean Ean so young (just past his first birthday) but strongly felt inspired to do so. A few weeks after he was weaned we found out how much trouble my twin pregnancy was in.
82. I have one of my dad's pipes in my desk drawer right now.
83. I can't manage money as well as my husband can.
84. It's been over three years since I've nursed any of my kids.
85. Putting each child end to end I've nursed my children over eleven years of my life.
86. That's really only eight years of my life because there were several overlaps.
87. I love bright and beautiful colors.
88. It drives me crazy my husband only wants to paint walls, white.
89. I blame his father for the white wall thing.
90. I'm afraid to go to sleep at night. I don't know why.
91. It's taken a few years, but I'm content with our house, which is to small. We can afford it and that's what matters.
92. When I was pregnant with the twins, I was amazed at the generosity of others. From the Ward members that helped dig out our window well (so we'd have room to sleep kids) to the wonderful sisters in the ward that cleaned our house while I was on bedrest. Truly a humbling time in our lives.
93. My hair is dyed a medium auburn right now.
94. It's nice to not have people ask where my boys got their red hair from. lol
95. I know how to make tofu from scratch.
96. I've spent more times in men's public bathrooms the past three years then my husband has his whole life. See I worked custodial for just over two years at an office building.
97. Not working so much has been a huge blessing for our family. I believe our children are much happier.
98. For family home evening last night, we brought Kent's grandmother sloppy joes for dinner, pulled her weeds and then ate watermelon together in the great outdoors.
99. I hate folding laundry.
100. My pink bike was actually my dad's bike and I LOVE IT!!!!
So for what it's worth, there's a hundred things about me. :)
"I've been pregnant 6 times, have had 2 losses and have given birth to 5 children."
ReplyDeleteFor a terrible moment there I thought I was going crazy because I couldn't get this to add up, then thought, "The TWINS, Idiot! They count as ONE pregnancy!" DOH!
Which is exactly why I phrased it the way I did, lol. It doesn't add up. ;-p
ReplyDelete