And my contacts are killing me. Unfortunately this AM (five am that is) I don't have much choice. I have to be up and I don't have decent glasses to wear out in public so the eyeball burning contacts it is. I think it's simply a matter of not getting enough sleep before putting them back on.
I'm up because in fifty minutes I need to take my youngest to the local surgery center for dental surgery. My youngest is Dave for anyone that lost track of my crew. Poor guy will get those rotten teeth fixed. I anticipate the hardest challenge will be not letting him nurse. Weaning is going pretty good during the daytime but first thing in the morning? Yeah, I haven't even tried to cut that out yet.
My mom is here for one more day, gosh I'll miss her when she goes. And not just because she did four loads of laundry for me yesterday. It's been so nice talking with her.
Yesterday she leaned up against me and we just talked for about an hour. I know she's really missed that kind of physical contact since dad died five years ago so I try to hug and touch mom whenever I see her. I can't imagine how hard it is being a widow when you've been use to having your partner and spouse with you during your day to day life.
Ugh, I have tears dropping down my cheek from this one contact. I better rinse it out and see if that helps before getting Dave up and out the door.
I'm going to be worthless the rest of day. *YAWN*
No comments:
Post a Comment