Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Ean and the fishtank

I'm currently working on a post about Kate, but I need to put that on hold and jot down quick what Ean's been up too.

We have a 45 gallon fish tank. It's always been my husbands dream to own a larger fish tank. We bought it used and it's held up well. Now Ean kept getting into the fish supplies, so we put latches on the doors in the stand. Today, I'm not sure how, but today he ripped one of the doors clean off.

Off the hinges.

He told me what he had done and I let him know that telling me was the right thing to do. He certainly had been naughty but I want to foster a feeling of trust with my children and let them know that telling me the hard stuff is the right thing to do.

I walked out of the front room and turned around to find him dumping charcoal and ammonia rocks into the tank. *slapping forehead* I didn't mean he could continue trashing the tank!!! So I emptied 10 gallons out to try to clean out the charcoal. Not Ean's fault per say but I did manage to spill water on myself, all this a half hour before Kate's doctors appointment.

I ran Ean over to the neighbors, in his undies because he wouldn't get dressed. He ran home, streakin in Star Wars Underpants, yelling I need clothes, I need clothes, I need clothes.

Another lovely day at my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment