Saturday, November 7, 2009

Some lighthearted updates.

First the big news. At school on Friday, TWICE, yes TWICE my son Greg announced "I gwo potty" and went and did his business. Oh my, how exciting is THAT?! *laugh* Not only that but my silent guy who has spent so much time in his own world announced to his teacher at lunch "I open my chocolate milk miss Pam"

How wonderful those words are!! Simply wonderful!!!

David is also using the potty at school. Neither one is using the potty for bowel movements but they're definitely making progress and I'll take what I can get!!

It's been a crazy week but apparently it's my job to provide light hearted laughter for my boys teachers. Karen (teaching assistant in Greg's class) noticed that Greg was walking funny so she went over to him to check and see if his shoes were on the wrong feet. Left foot..... left, right foot uh.... left? Wait the child had two left feet. She had to go check David (in the class next door). Oh yeah baby, David had two right feet.

Everyone had a good chuckle.

Other humorous stories, a friend volunteered in Kate's classroom. This friends daughter is in the same room as Kate and well, she's a sucker. Kate could W O R K her.

Apparently everyone needed to get their paints and Kate went to get an extra one, another child had taken the extra that was in plain sight. Kate turned on the water works and this friend totally called her honey, totally felt horrible Kate was so upset.

I told her she should have told Kate to get a grip.

Kate's teacher knows Kate and in total non-nonsense voice asked Kate the problem and told her where to go get the paints. See, the teacher "gets" Kate.

I let my friend know that she wasn't allowed to have Kate over at her house until she learned a few key phrases with Kate. Telling Kate "you're fine, go play" is perfectly acceptable!

Ahhhh, this week needed a little humor!

1 comment:

  1. Those are exciting developments with the potty use and being more talkative. I LOVE the two left feet and two right feet story! One time when I was a in a rush to get my kids out the door I actually put the shoes on the wrong feet (don't you love when they cross their legs?) My husband's father noticed they were on the wrong feet later and kindly corrected my son and taught how to know which shoe goes on which foot. I was terrible and let my son take the blame. Hey! . I listened to his advice!!! Apparently I needed it too.

    ReplyDelete