So the boys preschool was under lock down again. If there really was a threat that warranted such action, why wasn't school cancelled? I don't know, I just don't know.
The local paper tied the preschool threat with a bomb scare at one of the high schools on Monday. However, I really have my doubts and the paper is notorious for getting their facts flat out wrong. So I take everything they say locally with a grain of salt.
My moment of nerves coming out. Starting to cry when I realized that Greg's hat and mittens were still in his classroom. I was embarrassed for being so upset but see, I can't reason with Greg. I just can't. He's obviously delayed on his comprehension, but not delayed enough he couldn't understand, BUT he gets so upset, he doesn't HEAR anything you say. And it's so hard to get him ready for school AND to have shoes AND to be waiting for the bus AND not have the world fall apart because *I* missed some kind of detail.
Throw in a twin who had HIS hat and gloves, really that leaves no hope and yes I got upset.
I like to think I can handle what life throws at me but truthfully, I don't. I get upset when things aren't right, when I see an obvious problem or glitch that WILL cause problems later on. I feel overwhelmed at the drop of a hat but what can I do? Seriously, what can I do?
I am mom. And at some point I thought I'd be a great mom. Maturity has lead me to realize that having no trips to the ER makes the day successful. Throw in nobody going hungry then it's a red letter day!
Days like last Wednesday leave me wanting to run screaming from the house. I don't know why my middle son prides himself on being the ultimate pain in the ass, but he does. Yes he's five. I realize he's five. But he also realizes that EVERYONE has buttons and he knows how to set every other person in the house off. Last Wednesday was the worst of the worst. He touched, jumped, pulled, was in every one's face.
I am at a complete loss on what I can do with him when he's like that.
Complete loss.
You know (channeling Ean right there :-) there was a discussion on my mother's board on why someone would delete posts. Truth is, I delete posts because sometimes I hurt so bad, I reach out and the pain of facing no responses is just to great.
Gosh I'm cheerful tonight. Thankfully most days are fine and I believe every mother out there faces the same ups and downs. Mine are just compacted, a whole lot of ups and downs in one day. That's what happens, the more children, the more ups and downs (cause someone is always, ALWAYS down). It wears on ya. It wears on me.
At least, Greg's teacher was able to get back into her classroom to get his hats and gloves. <3
Information on the lockdown: http://www.localnews8.com/Global/story.asp?S=11522829
ReplyDeleteWell thank goodness for the hat and gloves!
ReplyDeleteP.S. Due to a response, this post is now immune to deletion. It's too real and too immediate to delete because it's a true reflection of what you have sacrificed to raise your kids. They will read these posts in hard copy someday and honor you for it.