Well we went swimming of course! *laugh*
Since Jane's quit taekwondo (we've let her know that if she chooses to take it up again, we support that decision), my gym membership is ticking away like a time bomb. See I was required to have the gym membership for Jane to go to this particular school. When Jane turned ten, she in turn was required to have membership in connection with my membership. On top of these expenses there's a monthly fee of $25.00.
It sure sounds expensive typed out, but when the monthly cost is figured out, it was still cheaper then most martial art academies in the valley. Throw in the incredible quality of her teachers and it was worth every penny. She gained so much from Taekwondo. Truly it's amazing.
However her instructors are opening a school not associated with the gym, and I frankly am greatly dissatisfied with my membership. I've had a membership for almost eight years, I always pay in advance for a year (early on I did six months at a time), I'm the sort of person they should be catering too.
Uh no.
The owner is abrasive and difficult to talk too. They raised fees when two new gyms opened. They will try to cut deals with new memberships while keeping old members paying excessive fees.
Yeah, I'm done.
But my paid membership is good until May first. Hot dog, we need to use the pool more! Kent was able to get a promotion, a two week membership free, so today and next Saturday, we take advantage of the pool.
It's no easy feat with the twins and Ean, none of which can swim but my mom met us there and we were able to get some good practice in for the boys. I'm not the best instructor, I don't put my face in the water and I'm not an accomplished swimmer, but I can get by. The boys didn't seem to care and the twins can kick with great relish! Ean was more stubborn, just sure I was trying to drown him when I suggested he kick to my mother.
We went at three, came home by 4:30 and (hysterically) Greg was asleep by 5:00. Everyone else quickly crashed after dinner, so it's been a really peaceful evening.
Of course Kent and I are to tired to do anything. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment