I bought a sixth grade curriculum, both student books and teacher manual. I figure we'll just start at the beginning and go from there.
Today just the twins were home with us and good golly that girl is easily distracted. I can see why a classroom of thirty students was overwhelming! It was hard for her to focus with her two three year old brothers in the room. I'm thinking Mondays will be a good day to get her set up with assignments and send her to my moms to work.
Having the math will make that sort of thing much easier.
I do need to outline my expectations better. I know that, yet I was still surprised today when I asked her to summerize the two chapters she's read on coyotes, and she showed me two sentences, one for each chapter.
Well we're swimming laps in the am, as soon as the twins are on the bus. Should be fun. :-) Then we sit for serious schooling, including how to outline (I'm thinking she needs a better way to sort through pertinate information in text like the coyote book) and her first math lesson.
Ean was down right pleasent about doing his homework after school and Kate was eager to please on writing her spelling words. I suspect a plot to show me how well they can work in an effort to stay home as well. Maybe not, I don't know but I won't look a gift horse in the mouth!! Those two being pleasent about school work? A very nice change of pace!
I did have a talk with David's teacher about homework. This is a bit embarassing but I told her it stresses me out. Trying to keep track of what I need to do with the three olders is MORE then enough for me. Add assignments for the pre-schoolers and i just can't deal.
I was telling Jane today that I just get so tired and need to rest during the day and she asked me why I don't quit my job so I don't have to work in the evenings.
*sigh*
If only it was that simple.
This month alone I bought myself three well needed pairs of pants, Jane's math curriculum ($86.00!!), Thomas the Train (at 30% off!) for the twins with other crafty presents for the girls and books for everyone for Christmas.
Not to mention the everyday stuff like Kate's gymnastics.
I hate to depend on my stupid little job, but right now we NEED that money. Oh sure, we could go without. We really could but the little bits that I can do for our children provide them with a little something that I think is important. They can have a sense of self and enjoyment while they're young.
Anyway. We couldn't even provide Christmas this year on Kent's paycheck alone, and that just hurts.
Soooo, yes, I'd love to quit but I love them to much to quit. I hope they understand when they're older.
Homework?!!! For PRESCHOOL??!!
ReplyDeleteNow that's just wrong.