She's 10 minutes late. I'm telling her to RUN RUN RUN. She shuts the door. I hear the doorknob, turn to see the door open and she looks at me, smiles and says "I'm suppose to bring treats for the Halloween party".
Well sheesh honey, let me go get a bag O whatever I have lying around. Cause bags of junk are my THING and we have cupboards FULL of options.
Do you think cream of wheat would have gone over well?
In other Hill news, for some reason that I cannot fathom, when washing her little brothers off in the tub, Jane does not check the water temperature. Apparently the boys screaming isn't a clue either. She runs it ice cold.
Those poor boys.
I can't seem to get it through her head, to check the damn water and if they're screaming, SOMETHING IS WRONG.
So I washed her hair last night in the sink, in ice cold water. Mean? Probably. She sure shrieked but hopefully she remembers her brothers next time.
Oh the bus. I put the boys on the bus yesterday and within twenty minutes got a call to meet the bus at school because Greg was sick. Oh joy. So I threw on clothes and unshowered (blech) I hauled my ucky self to the school and found out Greg was fine, it was David and he was coughing. So I asked his teacher if he should stay home and she said no. I let her know I'd be home and to call if he needed to be picked up.
He was kinda puny and is still coughing so even though I didn't pick him up early yesterday, he's staying home today.
Hopefully someone can pick Greg up so I'm not having to bring both Ean (home from K) and Dave to school for Greg.
Throw in all the crap from work and the office that left AGAIN over a hundred pounds of pamphlet's to throw out, I'm a bit crabby.
Happy Halloween.
Dont you just love when they tell you thungs last min... Cute post
ReplyDelete