Not anyone else. The destructo genius boy and his whiney pink clad cohort would continue in public school. Those two need someone else to be the bad guy.
So far Kent and I have discussed this with each other and discussed this with Jane. I've also checked out resources and found a great online program that I believe Jane would enjoy that be an excellent supplement program to anything we did but no decision has been made yet. Of course there is nothing that says we have to make a decision quickly. More important is helping Jane understand that there is another option out there.
Last month when we started talking about homeschooling, i was thinking that we'd have to wait until she was in seventh grade. With Ean's rotating day schedule and the twins both in head start requiring a lot of volunteer time, I just couldn't see how we could pull off having her home this year. However I talked with my mom and she said she could help, either by providing her home like a "study hall" if Jane needed some quite time and I had one or three of the boys home or taking Ean so I could work with Jane.
It would be a huge help this year, if we decide to pull her. I couldn't even consider pulling her without knowing that kind of help would be available. Actually my mom said "that would be fun!" I love my mom!!!!
Jane's two biggest concerns are not having access to the school's library. Kent assured her that the library is an easy obsticle to overcome. He told her about he public library and we talked about taking regular trips (my children lose or destroy everything, so I am admittedly bad at the library right now) She asked if the public library has Harry Potter. Why yes Jane it does.
I admit to rolling my eyes when she asked, you see, I own the complete collection but she prefers to read the books from the Library, apparently the series is more fun if it's a library book!
Her other concern is friends, which Kent validated and then we talked about who she could get together with and when we could arrange play dates.
I think at this point it's best not to think in terms of are we going to or not but just provide Jane with support and love her as we help her through this difficult time.
No comments:
Post a Comment