Sunday, March 30, 2008

Ean and the artwork

Pictured at the side of my blog is my middle child, sporting a lovely set of hand drawn pictures including fake glasses. He was two when he was mistaken as a spare canvas by his two older sisters.

The previous Christmas I had the kids decorate Christmas cookies. I had candy, frosting and these really cool markers used to paint on the frosting. The kids had a blast! I put the markers away in a drawer thinking we could use them again for another project. That was a mistake on my part. You'd think being mom for as long as I have with the very same children I'd know when I was setting myself up. *eye roll*

Frankly I thought Ean colored to the hilt was hysterical. Unlike the time my oldest at the tender of age of three colored her skin with a black sharpie, you could tell he was colored. Uh, did you know that if you try to wash sharpie marks off, you can get enough color off to leave yellow and green sub tones on the skin? Did you also know that if your child has colored big blocks of color on her arms, torso, stomach and thighs it will look like you beat her?

I kept her in for a solid week. I just knew if I took the kid out in public someone would call CPS on us.

It did finally all wash off but my point, where Jane's coloring horrified me because it seriously looked like bruises, Ean's had me laughing for a month. There was no mistaking it for what it was.

While interrogating the girls I gazed at my son's green eyeglasses carefully drawn around both eyes. No mom, it wasn't us, Ean did it all by himself. I asked again, my eyes turning to his back where a few solid spots of color had been scribbled in between his shoulder blades. Mom, he got the markers and did it all, honest! I then glanced down and my oldest had actually signed her name on her brothers calf! Really, he's doing a great job at his letters mom.

Uh huh.

You know as a parent I hate it when my kids force me to punish them. They wouldn't have really gotten into trouble for drawing on Ean, just a sigh followed with a "You don't do that girls" but really, that would have been it. The lying was different. Because they lied, I had to get them in trouble. Really, did Jane believe she'd get away with it when she'd written her name on her brothers leg?

Well, Jane denied. Kate proudly proclaimed she'd drawn the glasses.

*snort*

Well, she should take credit, I think she did a great job! Ean liked them and if you're going to draw on your little brother you should at least draw stuff he likes.

No comments:

Post a Comment