Today I watched my friends two kids after school for a few hours. My tween is very good friends with her tween, so I thought this will work out great. They don't get to see each other often during the school year, since they go to different schools and have different schedules.
My friend's tween (the brunette) arrives at my house a good half hour before my tween gets out of school. I told her she could walk over to the school and meet my tween. (the blond)
So off brunette tween goes. Twenty minutes after school was let out, I get a message from brunette, who texted my house phone, to ask when school is let out. I told her, twenty minutes ago, she must have missed the blond tween, come back to my house.
So then five minutes later, in comes the blond tween with her bike helmet on. I sent her out the door to go find her friend, the brunette tween. Low and behold, twenty minutes after that, in walks the brunette tween and who knows where my blond tween is.
Brunette tween bolts out the door, and I have to call her back because obviously they were not going to find each other. You know, the whole three blocks and grassy field between our house and the middle school.
I put the brunette tween into my car and drive to the elementary school parking lot, which gives an excellent view of the field and we look. No blond tween in sight.
What the heck? How did she bike to the school?
So back to my house we go and some time later in walks the blond tween, extremely upset. Sure enough, she biked *around* the field because she didn't want to bike on the grass. I asked her how she thought she'd find her friend if she biked a different way then people walk? She got crabbier.
Both tweens were able to spend a little time together but seriously, it was a like a bad sitcom as they rotated in and out of the house trying to find each other.
It was far more amusing then the blond tween hiding tonight to watch tv instead of taking a shower like she was told.
No comments:
Post a Comment