Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Re-vamping Goals.

Met with the middle boys teacher today after school.  She made a point to tell me that she could tell that he's trying but a day is an awfully long time.  Apparently there were a few small things at the end of the day and she hated to not reward him when he was obviously trying.

So we're splitting the day into two segments.  A note can be earned each segment, so effort will be acknowledged, even if there is a few bumps during the day.

Middle boy helped brainstorm on this with his teacher, so he's taking ownership of the process, you could say. 

Revamping how smileys are given means revamping the rewards.  I haven't talked to my husband yet, but my mom suggested that middle boy get a half hour of computer time for each smiley.  I think I like that.  That gives him a possible five hours he could earn during the week and I think we'll throw in an extra hour for the weekend if it's a perfect week.

He adores the computer so this is a big big motivator for him.

*whew*

So that's where we stand. 

No comments:

Post a Comment