It's been one of "those" weeks. The type of week that makes you want to crawl into a hole and hibernate all winter. Three out of the five days school was in session, I've had to talk to teachers. One of those days, it was teachers for two different kids.
Rethinking how to deal with kids is draining and one in particular can't seem to accept fault so changes in behavior can be made. Truthfully I spent a good deal of Thursday crying, I was so overwhelmed. Being an emotional wreck for long term isn't an option and I believe we have some plans in place that hopefully should help the situation.
Another child didn't finish two out of three assignments and since that's all there's been, this child is officially flunking history. We were told this child would be given the assignments and they were to be completed by Monday. No assignments came home and missy says she finished them.
I've emailed the teacher and our weekend marched on. Really I can't do any more then that.
This morning I spent a good deal of time just laying in bed, with the door shut, ignoring everyone. It was wonderful and I didn't feel guilty in the least.
Hopefully next week will be better.
I've had some really good moments too. Yesterday I was able to eat out with my wonderful hubs for lunch. I was a bit strung out on allergy pills (darn benadryl!) but it was still incredibly enjoyable. Kent went with me to pick up the younger kids and it was wonderful to have back up during another impromptu teacher conference.
Then there was the orthodontic consult on Tuesday for a girl that I completely forgot and missed. Oh wait, that would be part of the stressful tidbits of the past six days.
I've done baking today, so were set for breakfast for a few days and stuff to snack on during the week. This is a lifesaver when feeding those bottomless pits we allow to live in the house. Of course the kids wanted to try everything. Make sure it was all good, I guess. They weren't the only was, guilty person here that sampled a little bit of everything.
So much going on. Hoping it calms down soon. Raging children don't help.
Ever.
No comments:
Post a Comment