Sunday, September 16, 2012

Clean Slate Monday

For the whole family.  I'll remind a certain young man of his new goals.  We're trying a new tactic.  What we're trying to do is instead of fielding the disaster after it happens, we've given the child two day goals. 

His teacher will be sending home a daily note, good days will warrant a smiley face.  Two smiley faces in a row means that afternoon, after a few small chores he can have computer time.  A week of smileys and the boy gets to use the computer over the weekend.

Up until this point, it's been taking away computer time, the one thing he really loves, after the deed is done.  That worked so well last week, as he managed two really good days, two days his teacher noticed his efforts and then blew it the next two days.  Epic failure. 

I'm hoping in the morning, someone with red hair will wake up in a good mood.  Get ready for school and then I can gently remind him of his goals.  Mainly, earning a smiley face!  After all he only needs two for an afternoon of computer wonder.  He is capable of that and hopefully he remembers what he's capable of.

I also hope I hear from a certain missy's history teacher.  It would be nice to know if the mystery missing assignments have been resolved. 

I'll be official to sub soon, that's my clean slate.  Tomorrow I have to go in for a TB test.  Dang I don't like those but it's not a biggie.  It's a little way I can earn a little money, hopefully enough to make a difference for Christmas.

So, onward and forward, as always.


No comments:

Post a Comment