Friday, October 21, 2011

Not Learning From Our Mistakes

For the second year in a row, Jane's managed to bury her head in the sand and pretend that her actions don't really affect her grades.

And for the second year in a row, Kent and I are forced to play hard ball.

So, pretty much it's no life for the child until grades improve.  I also let her know that in the evening,we are now best friends and she will be with me when doing her work.

I had high hopes she learned her lesson last year.  She is really trying to push the "It's to hard" but this is a repeat class for her and she did alright in it last year.  So failing? 

I really really REALLY hate having to be mean.  We already have one child without privileges for lying and stealing, now another one for grades.  Pretty soon only the twins will have a social life.  I'm HOME TOO.  I shudder to think of the state of my family if I was working right now.

So if you need me, I'll be at home.  With my children.  Playing warden.  Until we can all get our acts together. 


No comments:

Post a Comment