Thursday, October 20, 2011

Color Me Confused

After a year of service, tonight is the last night I serve as a policy counsel member for Head Start.  It's been a fun year and I've enjoyed giving back to the program that gave my boys so much.

Tonight is also the kids open house at the elementary school.

Tonight is also the night, if I chose to schedule a parent teacher meeting with any of Jane's teachers at middle school, I was suppose to call and schedule an appointment.

Really?

Three schools.  One night.  One me.

Now I'm going to my last night of Policy counsel (without the notebook I'm suppose to return because I have no idea where it's at) pretty guilt free.  I talk regularly with the Elementary school teachers.  Pretty much every time I go to the school, I talk to someone so at least once a week.  And Jane, I haven't talked to her teachers but using the school portal, where I can look up her assignments, I'm keeping track of how's she's doing and the school is tracking her carefully since this is the first year of having the IEP that documents her learning disability.

So to sum this up, all week, nothing except one mad dash to the dentist to re-glue a temporary crown that had come off and of course Jane's Monday appointment with her therapist (for Jane's anxiety).

The three school things on Thursday aren't the only overlaps this week.  No Saturday has a women's super Saturday at church and the kids have rehearsal for the primary program at the same time.  That one isn't nearly as stressful, I'm not required to be multiple places at once.

I feel lame for not helping more with other things.  The book fair/fundraiser was at Wilcox this week.  Yeah, did not help. The super Saturday, was suppose to do a class, the organizer took one look at me and let me get out of it.  I was looking pretty puny from a week of asthma gunk.

Does it get better? 

I didn't think so.  

No comments:

Post a Comment