It's been a while since I've devoted my time to telling just boy antics. So here we go, in all their glory.
We had the neighborhood Fall Social last night, and Kent was given the job of delivering potatoes the previous night. Since time is precious, I went with Kent and we took the twins. In between deliveries we had a chance to visit with each other. For the most part I stayed with the twins in the car.
We get to one house and David says to me "Mom, I am so verwy small and it's so hard. I just want to gwow up and be big." Huge pause "Like Gweg mom!"
In between chuckles I told David that I wanted to be big like Greg too. Greg had a hearty laugh and managed to spit out that I was already big.
David, in the most sympathetic tone told me "I know mom, it is so vewy hard."
Kent had a good laugh with that. He laughed even harder this morning when I was falsely accused of eating all the candy. There was a lot of candy from the trunker treat last night. I didn't want everyone to pig out in one sitting but I have no real desire to try to hold a whole bowl full of candy hostage and dole it out a little at a time. With the sugar fiends in the house, that's a recipe for disaster. Some one is sure to sneak and pig out and everyone else feels like they've been cheated.
So I carefully divided the candy into piles according to type. Then I took fifteen sandwich bags and split everything between them. Obviously they were not identical but they were pretty similar in amounts and types. That means each child gets three bags apiece to be passed out when I decide it's time. It's my compromise to get it out of the house in a hurry and not allow the kids to completely pig out in one day.
The bowl that originally held the candy was in the front room, along with a whole pile of wrappers from what the kids ate before going home. Greg walked into the front room, assessed the situation and immediately turned to me almost in tears saying "Mom, you not suppose to eat ALL DA CANDEE!"
It took a bit of explaining to let him know that I hadn't.
Some of my friends have heard far to many tales about my children, so much so, they love to bring them up as an inside joke. For example, recently on facebook a dear friend wrote in her status.
Another friend responded "Call Lisa....Ean is PERFECT for the job!! ;)"
Seven other friends "liked" it.
Then there's the comments we make in response to our children. Kent walked in through the door, noticed a picture on the window and asked who put it there. Fingers immediately pointed towards Ean and without even blinking, Kent commented "Ean, next time you tape something to the window, please use about four and a half yards less tape.
I pointed out to Kent that Ean needs more direction then that, like, four strips as long as your thumb. Kent responded, letting me know that is what he said. About four and a half yards LESS TAPE.
I tried.
For the Trunk or Treat I bought the boys some fun shirts and some face paint. I just don't have the time and resources to dress everyone super cute. So the twins both had bright red shirts with Elmo faces on them. My plan, to paint their faced red, spike their hair and call it good. The guys had different ideas expressing very different ideas for face painting. I went with it. Dave had me apply a few things and when asked what he was he promptly responded "I am an Elmo, Jedi, Vampire!" Then he had me paint half his face black, so I told him he was a chimney sweep. He added that to the list and for the rest of the night when asked what he was he responded. "I am an Elmo, Jedi, Vampire, Chimney sweep."
Talk about cute!
No comments:
Post a Comment