Saturday, September 24, 2011

They Are Killing Me!

So the conversation I overheard on the couch the other day went something like this....

David "Mom MOM, Greg's heart is NOT BEATING"

Greg "It's not beating?!"

David "No it's NOT BEATING!"

Me "Yes Dave, it's beating"

David "Oh yeah, it IS beating, You're ALIVE GREG!"

I almost peed from snickering so hard.  We waited so long for those conversations and now they are really pulling gems.  I especially love hearing Greg, who still has a pretty obvious language delay, when he can really articulate his thoughts and feelings.

I get warm fuzzies.


Then there's instances like when I caught David getting into stuff in the pantry, Called him on it and he just backed out of the room, wide eyed, turned and at a dead run and went out the back door.

So busted.

The kid giggles takes the edge off of real life, especially when stuff is uncertain.  We're not worried or stressed but there's a possibility of another job change in the future for my dear hubs.  We waited so long for an opportunity like the one he has now and while any concrete changes wouldn't happen until the first of next year, there is a question mark in the future due to a previous employee choosing to come back and company policy allowing him to do so.

Meaning that if Kent's pregnant coworker comes back after maternity leave and there is four people in the office, one person will be laid off.   There's not enough business to support four loan officers at this office.

Now unlike the cellular business, which often felt like a time bomb that could go off at any moment, this little possible glitch doesn't have me worried.   I have a very strong feeling that it will all be fine.  I just don't know how exactly all the factors will play out.

See, the pregnant coworker's husband is going after a job with a pay increase and she's expressed that if he got that job, she'd stay home.   Ironically it's the sort of job that Kent would LOVE and he's thinking of pursuing it.

I don't know what to pray for.  I don't know what would be best for our family.   So my decision, sit back and pray for our well being, see what happens and have faith.

Oh and laugh frequently at my children's antics.

No comments:

Post a Comment