Monday, September 26, 2011

Oddball Day

I feel like I accomplished very little today and yet, I had to run all over the place.  Thankfully most days aren't like this! 

Okay, I probably didn't run "that" much, it just felt like a lot because I only slept about five hours last night.  I know, the big question, why in the world did I not sleep more?   I mean, I have had children sleeping all through the night for over two years now.

The lack of sleep was that autumn nightmare that I call, allergy season.

I simply can't sleep when my nose and sinuses are congested and boy were they last night.  My cheeks ached from all the congestion.  Not a pretty picture nor a restful night!

So my sleep deprived self took the four youngest to school.  Pretty much the kids get a ride whenever it's the twins school day because they walk so slowly, everyone would miss breakfast if I didn't take them.  I really can't see getting the kids ready any earlier either, it's hard enough as it is and last night everything was laid out for them!

I so wanted to take a nap but I had other stuff I have been putting off.  So off I went to Jane's school with a copy of Jane's diagnosis.  I had the secretary copy and put it in her file.  Anything to help her teachers understand her better.

Then there was laundry to switch.

Lunch to eat.

Boys to pick up.

Tried to figure out why David didn't share his show and tell.  Left his teacher confused because Greg got his and it looked I'd sent only one son with a show and tell.  David finally spit out that he just didn't want share his show and tell.  I think he missed what the teacher was saying. 

Message to leave at the office.  You see, this weekend Ean expressed how much everyone teases him at school.  Now, I am sure there are confrontations but for an incredibly bright boy, Ean just doesn't put it together that his need to tease goads people into not liking him and "being mean."  It's really a challenge for Ean socially.  So I had his teacher call and talked to her.

The good news, Ean is really doing well in class.  He's occasionally distracted but overall he pays attention and does his work.  His teacher said she'd talk to the other second grade teachers so they could keep a better eye on him.

After that there was, homework to organize.  Then we had Jane's appointment and Jane hadn't really done her homework for counseling. 

We did get a bonus in counseling, they're adjusting Jane's goals and adding social skills into her curriculum.  I am really excited about this. She's come so far but she is still pretty clueless on both reading other people and self monitoring herself in conversations.  It's made for some potentially awkward moments, but Jane plows forward completely oblivious to any faux pas she's committed and utterly confused by the reactions of those around her.

Then the rush of dinner after a quick trip to Costco.

See, I really didn't do that much but man it seemed like I never stopped moving or calling people.  It probably felt like more because I was so useless this weekend with allergies. 


No comments:

Post a Comment