It's been a couple of weeks since Jane's diagnosis was mailed out to us, so I found it rather puzzling that I hadn't heard from the doctor's office yet. So I took the initiative and called explaining that I hadn't heard back. Only an hour later Jane's doctor called (and he was out delivering a baby when I called!) and said that he hadn't noted any requests for medication so that's why he hadn't called.
I let him know that in my conversation with the psychologist, it was indicated that I needed to discuss with him what would be best for Jane. The doctor asked if there was anything being done for Jane and filled him in Jane's therapy to help her deal with anxiety. I also let him know that I want to try some ADHD meds and see if that helps her.
As her mom, I need to know we've done everything we can and if it doesn't help, there's no "what if" hanging out there. We'll have helped Jane in every possible manner whether the meds help her or not.
So I made an appointment for next week and we'll see what we try and if it helps or not.
All this experience with the psychologist and working with Jane has me considering seeing if I could get a referral for Kate. The poor girl has such anger issues and then there's the compulsive food stealing and eating issues. We've worked and worked and worked with her but our efforts as parents seem to making only minimal progress. This isn't life or death and Kate's birthday is coming up in December, I figure next physical I'll bring it up and see about getting a referral.
The doctor fun continues. Ean has an orthodontic consult tomorrow morning. Boy it's worked out well. I got an 8:00am appointment, meaning Ean will only miss a half hour of school. Kent would really like to hold off and wait and see what his teeth do but it's my understanding if a kid needs braces, an earlier intervention can really cut down on the work needed.
I also mentioned that I personally would like to hear from the person that is the expert on teeth.
Speaking of teeth, finally, finally, after two and a half years, I'll get my bridge done. I've had this gap for three summers and I'm so ready to be done. Finances have always been the reason I've held off but no more. You see the new dental insurance will cover 50% of the cost and we're not sure we'll have that dental coverage in six months. So just to be sure and take advantage, we're biting the financial bullet and taking on the cost of this dental work.
The very back molar has a crack in it so I'd need work anyway. If I'm paying for a crown, I might as well pay for the bridge, since this is an anchor tooth for that bridge. It needs to be done while the tooth is still healthy too. So there we go. The Hill Health Report. Whew!
No comments:
Post a Comment