Monday, August 29, 2011

Flooding in Vermont.

What???

The whole state is under water. The words are foreign. Natural disasters happen in other areas but never state wide devastation. Never resulting in deaths, lost homes, bridges, roads, leaving folks stranded. Helpless.

I guess mother nature has had the last laugh. Because it's happened. Already downgraded to "tropical storm" status, Irene has devastated the entire state. Sure, Vermont isn't alone, there's flooding all over New England and the Eastern coast but the flooding in Vermont hits me just a little bit harder.

You see, I'm proud to call myself a Vermonter. Don't ever, and I mean EVER say I'm from Idaho. That'll get you a swift kick, or at least a dirty look.

Born, raised and proud to call myself a Vermonter, my prayers continue for my family and friends that are struggling right now. Thank the Heavens above my extended family is safe. Although my cousin and his family almost lost their home and currently are cut off from Bennington due to the bridge collapsing.

Yes it's that bad.

Makes my personal problems seem trivial.

Vermonters are tough. No one knows that better then a true Vermonter. They will rebuild. They will survive. There is no other choice, and plowing forward is a way of life. There is no state more beautiful, even when ravaged by mother nature.

Yes I'm biased.

Vermont.

My prayers are with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment