Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Sometimes I Amaze Myself

Yesterday I amazed myself by my ability to promote negative responses from people. It all started at the park.

You see, my good friend's autistic son is going through puberty and he frequently gets upset, even downright ticked. So after watching his little sister, very politely, ask him three times to stop bugging her and he cheerfully ignored her, I intervened. Actually intervened is really to strong a word. I asked him to respect his sister's words like he'd want her to respect him.

He tore off through the park. I told my friend "Look, autistic ranting."

I mean, lets keep a sense of humor here!

I haven't talked to him since but his mother says they've talked it over and worked through it. I told her right after it happened that she needed to mention that I would have said the same thing to my child and it would have been a whole lot meaner to them.

Apparently the need to upset a friend's child wasn't enough, apparently I needed to upset a family member as well!

This one just tore a bit of me up inside. I am so non-confrontational and I really have an eclectic group of friends on facebook. One that if they chose too could just tear into each left and right because so many are "left" and "right". I mean, friends that are singled, dating, married, all religions, every aspect of the spectrum.

So I usually try to stay away from potential landmines that could cause friction. It doesn't always work but I try because I'm connected to these people for a reason.

Yesterday I gave into temptation and posted a political cartoon. This, while not erupting into a "war" did go into a basically spirited "discussion" between two parties. One party chose to make a few comments that were directly aimed towards Me, personally. And my relationship with this person is such, I usually take a lot of crap from them. I allow far more then I would with anyone else.

Oh they'd deny it.

But I'm wasn't born yesterday and the backhand references towards the government services my children have received and the religion I practice were there.

They are always there.

And I called this person on it. Said to reign it in. And they did, right off my friends list.

I'm embarrassed at how upset I was yesterday. I mean, here's an individual that has judged my parenting, judged my housekeeping, called me lazy and loud, the parent that just yells and orders her children around. Never mind that judgment was made while I had pair of three year olds and a four year old, all with IEP's language delays while I was working custodial late at night up to twenty hours a week.

Judgmental much?

So basically, as much as I love this individual, there has been a lot lacking over the years. Contact only when needed. No give and take in trying to understand each other. Is it wrong that I want more. You sure as heck don't need to agree with me but to so openly be smug and superior. *shaking head*

Maybe it's just as well.

However my door is always open for this person. They know I love them. At least they should.

No comments:

Post a Comment