I'm so excited to finally get this done for Jane!! This is the ADD testing that we've waited two and a half weeks for. Now we've gotten two calls for cancellations but both have been at incredibly inconvenient times. Hopefully there hasn't been any mix ups because I haven't heard anything yesterday or this morning to confirm her appointment.
I find that odd, since secretaries LOVE to call with reminders. This appointment was also made almost a month in advance.
Jane will be there for three hours. I need entertainment.
MP3 player.
Pocket Sudoku.
Knitting.
Now if I could find a paperback, something to read, I'll be set.
Technically I can leave I guess. There's a sign that says parents may not leave during testing for any child twelve and under and Jane hasn't been twelve been for six whole months. It's probably best I stay anyway. My mom will have the boys, since three hours is way to long for them with Kate as a sitter.
Not to mention when Kate and Ean don't get along at all when I'm not in the room. Heck they don't get along sometimes when I AM in the room.
Speaking of Kate. Kate had two friends over yesterday. This is a brand new thing. This particular group of friends has a history of getting along fine as long as there are only two playing together. Now you can mix up the pairs and have any pair get along fine, but throw in a third girl. Just. Not. Pretty.
However a few times the past month all three have been together and they've done much better overall. Yesterday it was obvious they needed a break, to much togetherness but at least their time together brought forth a fabulous story.
The girls walked in my room, I was escaping all that is red hair here at the Hill house.
I looked at Kate and let her know that she's getting a hair cut Saturday. Her friend Jessica looked and me and announced that she wants her hair cut, shorter then Kate's. Her tone was "Thank. you. very. much." when she made this pronouncement.
I turned to Kate and let her know Tiffany was cutting her hair and then I turned to Jessica and let her know that her mom knew Tiffany even longer then I did. Boy, her mom is amazing and can do it all! (because she knows Tiffany.)
Without missing a beat, Jessica announces "Well, she can't cut hair!" And off she trotted out of my room. I just laid on my bed and laughed. So funny! Jessica also gasped in amazement when she heard an adult say "No thank you" over an offer of banana bread.
I mean, how could anyone refuse banana bread!
Ean had his own funny yesterday. I called my mom to check on Ean. I was doing Policy council business for Head Start and mom had Ean so Jane could watch the twins without hassle. Ean was there long after I came home and I called to check.
Mom "Your son and I having a disagreement."
Me "Why?"
Mom "He wants to stay overnight and he's going home" This last statement was made with her voice away from the mouthpiece, obviously meant for Ean.
Then a singsong voice wafts over from the background... "You SaID, I could stAY, as lONg as I wAnT."
Talk about busting a gut.
So back to testing, I won't actually have any answers for another week and a half. Today's step has to happen before we can get answers, so this is very good! I honestly don't know what they'll find, she could have ADD or she could not. I will rest easier knowing we're doing all we can to help her with school and life in general.
No comments:
Post a Comment