Gigantic signs taped across the television and VCR come to mind, stating "DO NOT TOUCH: RECORDING" (with recording underlined half a dozen times). You see, certain things would just put my dad over the edge. And his effort to keep his world aligned was monumental.
My husband shares this same attribute.
With five children I'm sure it comes to no surprise that our home is a remote graveyard. From MIA to just down right destroyed, we've gone through a phenomenal amount of remotes. Unfortunately technology isn't child friendly and more and more electronics are basically useless without the remote.
This has led to blood pressure rising frustrations that in one ugly fell swoop, my husband decided to end it once and for all.
And by ugly I mean what he built, not how he reacted. Truly I am unsure if I should just show pictures or try to describe the monstrocity. We're talking worse then the cardboard, aluminum and coathanger tv antennae he constructed and hung in our bedroom suspended from the ceiling.
That bad.
I guess the proof is in the photos. First here it is, in it's full glory

Wait, that looks.... Did he attach the remotes to that freakishly big piece of wood???? *hitting hand on foreheard* WHY YESSSSS HE DID!
And here is a close up. You'll notice the need of power tools to remove these babies.

This is the whole contraption being held by a five year old.

Please note he conviently left room for more remotes. That's a six by two in case you were wondering and uh, wanting to copy his design. (insert hearty chuckle)
In case you're thinking Kent is the only crazy one in the house, I lost it this morning, unable to find my dress coat for church. I threw almost everything out of the closet on my hunt.
Kent found it, right there, hanging up.
So it's a match made in heaven. Yeah.
Bill was admiring that when we were at your house. I hope he doesn't do that to our remotes! - Dawn
ReplyDeleteIf he does, I am SOOOOO SORRY! Bahahahahaha
ReplyDelete