Friday, November 25, 2011

Greg's Tears

Sometimes there are things that just feel right, like today, I called my mom and let her know the resident "tween" in the house was needing a boost to feel special.  My mom being the intuitive grandmother she is understood exactly what I meant and knows exactly what kind of self esteem boosting the "tween" needs.

Then there's the sister-in-law (as in, we're bother sister-in-laws  to Hill siblings, she's married to one of Kent's brothers) that wanted someone to go see the last "Twilight" movie with her.  I mentioned that Jane would love to go and she's picking her up a little early  and spending some quality time with her.

What a blessing to have family that is involved with our children, understands them, and most important helps them understand what truly incredible individuals they really are.

But there's lots of family that isn't there, mostly because of distance, a portion of course is not by choice since death is just part of the cycle that is life.  Which brings me straight to Greg. 

Oh my Greg.

Have you ever met a child that is just pure in heart.  They're sweet, kind, honest and truly just love with all of their might anyone and everyone that touches their life?  Greg is such a child.  What I hadn't realized is that this love extends to those that should be in his life but due to whatever circumstances, can't.

My little boy came to me today with large hazel eyes welled up with tears asking me if Grandpa was gone.  I told him that grandpa was my daddy and yes he is gone.  Those tears welled up even bigger and threatened to spill right onto his freckled cheeks when he stated "But momma, I miss him and I love him."

Oh my goodness.  I almost cried myself.

I called my mom and let her talk to Greg, I felt that was most appropriate and as he chatted I couldn't help but wonder if his missing his grandpa, who died before we ever knew we'd have twins, was either from all the pictures we have around the house of my dad and realizing that he should be there or if it's from something more.

Truly believing that there is more to life then what we see on this earth and having had extremely special experiences that whisper the presence of loved ones no longer with us, I wonder if there is a spiritual connection between Greg and his grandpa. 

Either way, it was a very sweet moment with my dear boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment