This past week has had a few personal milestones for my children. The past month has been a little rough on many fronts. There's been some school problems, some personal problems and some impulse problems, all scattered amongst the brood.
The result is a very long month with very little fun stuff. Pretty much it sucks for everyone. The child that's unable to play, the child unable to have sleepovers. It especially sucked for the child that had no life at all due to being behind in school work.
This week was a turn around. Finally school work was caught up on! Some fun was had by a youngster that had been saddled with extra chores and maybe, just maybe that wild impulsive one is figuring out how to contain his general spazziness.
It's been so nice to have life back to normal!!! This week we've had play dates with friends, a sleepover on Friday night and someone got a special lunch with just daddy today!!!! I'm thinking everyone is feeling a bit special and loved this week. I so needed this!!
Ean was the one that got lunch with daddy and I asked him if I could go too. He very politely let me know that he needed time with his dad and that I couldn't come this time. I was very proud at how he was able to articulate what he wanted using his best manners. He's growing up. They all are.
I loved Jane calling me after school this week so she could go to the dollar store with a friend. She's been very grown up in asking for extra teenage privileges like watching a wrestling match after school.
Even the little men have had their moments like making turkeys with mom. I guess I had a moment to when I scrubbed the kitchen floor to the point you needed sunglasses from the glare.
Weeks like this past week just make want to capture all the precious moments in a memory box.
Or I could just blog them.
No comments:
Post a Comment