It was just one of those days. You know, the type of day where a child seems determined to cause as much mischief as possible. To break every known rule, take all the batteries out of all the remotes. Get into my purse, take all my credit cards into the back yard. Swipe a flashlight from his daddy's dresser. Steal the storage room keys to search for pop. Turned on the sprinkler in the back yard not once or twice but three stinking times!! This was after a rainstorm that completely soaked the yard.
Seriously it was never ending!!
How am I suppose to survive summer? He hasn't been out of school for a week! Yes I'm talking the red headed pre-schooler. The menace that's paralyzed our home with a complete lock down.
The girls are done Thursday, that might help his behavior but damn, it could make it worse. That whole competing for attention with my four other siblings deal.
I don't think our yard is that boring. We have a trampoline, a swing set, a great big ol tractor tire to dig in. There's a complete fleet of tonka trucks in the backyard. Thank you my mom who KNOWS how to shop for little boys. *laugh* There's also the usual collection of balls and outdoor toys. There is really a lot to do.
It's not like my poor brother. His new house, he has one potted tree, no yard and a place to park a car he can't even afford to buy. My brother live in Japan where a house half the size of my home costs three times as much. There's simply not the room for yards. I don't know how my bro manages with his three kids in that teeny space. I wish I could show my children how much they really have. I can't help but think they'd appreciate our home, yard, garden, toys, even their bicycles if they realized how many struggle to even eat. Contrary to what they might perceive, these kids really don't know what true hunger is like.
As interesting as these thoughts are to myself, they don't help with my original problem. I have one four year old hell bent on investigating every single item in the house in forbidden zones. I do realize in making certain area's forbidden it becomes more enticing to a child yet we can't afford to take the chance on him destroying more things.
It can be argued that if it's just a thing then we don't really need it. However the bike tools need to be kept intact so we can keep our fleet of hand me down rust buckets running for the kids. We can't afford to buy new and really at this age, they don't need nice bikes. There are photos that have been destroyed that can't be replaced. That's family history down the tubes.
I originally started blogging because I have some arthritis in my hands and writing for long periods of times just hurts my knuckles and fingers. Ean's destroyed some books or parts of books that are part of family history and I hadn't thought of it at the time but blogging has the added benefit of putting our family history down in a form that can't be destroyed by that kid. Kent copies what I write and puts it in our family history but if that gets destroyed, we can always copy it again.
Back to Ean, I'd find some old tools for him to play with except I worry about the twins getting hurt, or Ean unintentionally hurting the twins with screwdrivers or hammers. Ean is still pretty young and doesn't have control of his temper, he lashes out when frustrated. Pretty normal for a young four year old, but we don't want to arm him with a hammer when his two year old twin brothers are wandering around.
Kate had a dance recital tomorrow. I pretty much have to spend the whole day making sure everyone and everything is ready to go the second Kent comes home. I hope and pray we have a better day then today because I can't chase Ean and get Kate ready at the same time.
I will be bald from pulling my hair out!
I saw this and thought of Ean!
ReplyDeletehttp://www.whatonearthcatalog.com/whatonearth/Item_Maximum-Destruction-T-Shirt_CA6922T_ps_srm.html
Maximum Destruction/Creator of Chaos...what better way to describe your son? Yoikes!
Kimmy
Oh good golly the kid is still going strong!! Little turkey has dumped fushia nail polish in the middle of the front room carpet and he keeps stealing my purse!!!
ReplyDeleteThe Lord must be giving me patience because he'd be toast otherwise!