I was informed by David this afternoon, that I wasn't performing up to expected specs in the mothering department. Not only was I failing to bake my children cookies, but the cake that was suppose to go with them, didn't exist either.
Had I mentioned cookies or cake. Was I exuding some weird motherly vibe that made my children instantly believe that baked goods were in their future? I don't believe so, but I've been wrong before. Seriously? This child argued with me for fifteen minutes to let me know that I needed to get a move on the baking!
Then of course, there was the blizzard. I picked up the boys right after school. They were already checked into the after school program but there was a bonafide blizzard here in Pocatello and the roads were nasty. I got off work about a half hour early to pick up kids. Well Greg, the child that cried for me the first couple of days of the after school program, cried today because I wasn't letting him stay.
It's nice to know he now likes it.
Maybe today was the day to argue? When Greg discovered there was no hot chocolate in the cupboard, he debated me for twenty minutes on whether or not I should go to the store. When I told him I wasn't going, the streets were very slippery, he got a concerned look and asked if the stores were all out of hot chocolate.
Greg often misses the point. It was still pretty amusing.
Then there was two seven year olds tromping in the house, with snow falling everywhere, my mom is telling them, go stamp your feet outside. They hear stamp and instantly there's snow flying all over the front room.
And finally there was the two upset boys because one wants school canceled tomorrow and the other doesn't. Truly life or death debating!
Ah, my boys. They keep me young.
No comments:
Post a Comment