Jane gets her braces on February fifth. So it's coming up. I had scheduled this cleaning very carefully, a week in advance so we could fit in another appointment if a filling was needed but still really close to the actual application of the braces, so her teeth will be sparkly and ready.
Jane's going for bling and doing gold braces. She should be absolutely adorable!
I was also able to schedule today's appointment so the teenager wouldn't miss school. No small feat for the kid that doesn't get out until almost four, Tuesday through Friday but Monday, with it's mandatory early release was the one time we could guarantee getting there on time after school.
Today's Four O'clock appointment was a real score. This of course made my dismay, not to mention my stress level elevate pretty quickly when the gal behind the desk looked me puzzled and said my daughters appointment was cancelled.
Uh no.
It wasn't.
I had not received a call about any scheduling problems nor had I called earlier to cancel the appointment. The last time I heard from that office was a call Friday to remind me about Monday's appointment.
I almost instantly started to panic. Normally such a thing just might be an inconvenience but today's appointment wasn't the only one on the line. I had already rescheduled Jane's band appointment from mid-January and dang it, we needed to get her taken care of. I'm embarrassed to say I did get a bit snippy, although I did apologize when it was all said and done.
To the receptionist's credit, she squeezed us right in and Jane was taken care of. She has one cavity and that will be taken care of before the bands are put on.
All in all, it was more excitement then I needed!
No comments:
Post a Comment