Just a quick plug, but the simply gogurt has no dyes, no artificial flavors or colors, it is, simply yogurt in a tube. My kids like them frozen. Now when I say my kids like, I mean my kids love and compulsively eat every drop I have in the house over a few days, so naturally I put them in mom's freezer. I also put all the soda at mom's house just to make sure nobody got into stuff.
Worked great, so great mom forgot the gogurt and we didn't' have it for our trip. Thankfully I had enough healthy snacks set aside including jicama, pea pods, grapes, nut and fruit granola type bars and Kent's most favorite "picnic bar" cookie that we were set.
Breakfast was a little trickier to wing. See, I planned on doing breakfast burritos the first morning, hash browns, eggs and fruit the next morning and instant oatmeal the following morning. I figured the instant oatmeal would be easy when trying to leave, no dishes, just boil water and we had lots of stuff for lunch left over. The problem, me, genius planner that I am forgot the eggs. Yes I did plan on using eggs as the staple for two out of the three mornings we were there.
*Slapping hand on forehead.*
Talk about feeling dense! Luckily we had enough oatmeal we could do two oatmeal meals. Although there was a lot less applesauce. I foolishly gave Ean and David permission while packing to have one portable tube applesauce apiece. They took it upon themselves to sneak another nine, so I only had five left out of the sixteen pack I purchased solely for the trip. I threw in a jar of homemade applesauce for breakfast but that's not nearly as convenient.
Especially if the jar broke.
It all worked out fine. I took all the hash browns for one breakfast along with some sausage I had brought for the burritos (that never happened). Kent was a wee bit of a smart alec, making a point to ask for the eggs to go with breakfast.
You know, because I had completely forgotten that I had left the main ingredients of two breakfasts home.
I refrained from slapping his arm.
I've shared a number of pictures but I'll go ahead and throw in a few more, there may be repeats, sorry.





And finally, here at our very last stop on the way home, the twins were intently looking down between the rails of the road, and the site. What could be so interesting?

Ah, I see. Typical boys. It's mud.

We'll be back next year, probably for another spring trip and Kent already has planned what we're going to see, he kept a running list as we missed stuff this time around.
No comments:
Post a Comment