Wednesday, June 13, 2012

How to Keep Summer Break Blood Free

Or rather, how I roped myself into letting the kids build a paper mache volcano.

It's one of those days.  Just a busy day altogether and the kids have really been getting on each other nerves.  So before the blood could run, and it was getting close, I suggested to Ean he look up on the internet how to build a paper mache volcano. 

Ean quickly made a shopping list and off I went to buy paint brushes, paint, tape, glue and vinegar.  After a bee line to Kent's work so I could spend five minutes talking to adults, I went to the store to take care of my shopping list.

Ten minutes after coming home, we had the top of a two liter soda bottle cut off and taped to a wide base of cardboard.  The cardboard was scavenged from the recycle bin, just in time, since tomorrow is garbage day.  Here's a whole forty-five minutes of peace and cooperation.

 Oy, I wonder how long we can stretch this out, they're moving FAST!

Okay, maybe some fun too.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Unfortunately as it's drying, the bickering continues even now.   I hope we can get into a rhythm soon or it's going to be a long summer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment