Thursday, May 31, 2012

Yellowstone

Four days and three nights of camping at Yellowstone.  We're going in the morning. 

I optimistically wrote morning when I really have no idea when we'll actually get out the door.  I've packed my clothes, the twins and gave the girls lists to pack their stuff.  Normally I'm not this anal about clothes and kid packing but it's still DANG cold up in Yellowstone.  At night dipping freezing.  Plus, the three boys going splashing through mud, not out of the realm of our reality.

My partner in crime isn't going with us this trip.  Kent and I decided we needed a trip with just us and the kids, real family time.  Of course, when I say family, my mom is coming too.  We wouldn't do a trip without her.  Kent loves having my mom along and my mom loves spending time with us.

Don't get me wrong, mom loves time alone too and usually spends a week recovering after 24/7 with the kids but my kids as they grow older, will have these wonderful memories of camping with their grandmother.  Bless her for spending this time with us.

Food has been a big worry for me.  Simply because Marja over packs food and having her along is a great kid/food safety net.  Plus my kids keep eating what I bought for snacks, super annoying.  I'm trying to be prepared and Ean has been eating the portable applesauce, getting into cookies, whatever I may have.  Greg had a chicken salad sandwich, the chicken salad is for one of our lunches.

I'm sure it will turn out fine.  Although my frustration level is through the roof this very second. 

I've also been having problems with Ean. It boils down to continual anger problems, impulsiveness and a complete inability to understand causality.  I have an appointment set up, I want to see him thrive.  He has so much potential and is such a neat kid but the belligerent behavior needs to be addressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment