You do it anyway.
Which means, we planted our garden this year! Now I've listed the hundreds of reasons why I don't like the outdoors. Okay, maybe that was an exaggeration, there's really about three reasons I don't like the outdoors but I'll mention them again just to be perfectly clear, this is more then just weird stuff in my head.
Basically, if it grows, chances are good that I'm allergic to it. I don't have food allergies but I can't breath when the pollen count is high. High pollen count triggering hay fever is a sure fire way to set my asthma off. Throw in the simple fact that if I don't premedicate with benadryl before pulling weeds, my arms break out in hives. Gosh, was there ever a chance on me loving the outdoors?
So when we plant our garden, and we forget to water and then weeding is just no fun at all, usually there's a couple of things for us to pull but by mid July, we give up.
So if I hate the outdoors, why bother planting at all?
First and foremost we believe in being self sufficient. Part of that is knowing how to grow things. It's the same lifestyle choices that include not going into debt, living within your means and being smart about your finances. Secondly, with all the crap going into food, isn't it nice to know you're eating something the way God intended you too, without nasty chemicals and questionable farming practices.
So we keep trying. And this is a new year. Maybe, just maybe, this is our year.
I'll believe that when I see it!
No comments:
Post a Comment